Saturday, April 2, 2011

23 Days Away! Am I Ready For This?

So as you can see I am using google Ad Sense on my blog because I thought it would be a cool way to possibly earn some extra cash. So far I have earned $0.03 lol. But hey, it's still early and i'm hoping the blog traffic picks up as the trip moves along. The blog also keeps stats of where all the traffic is coming from which is pretty cool. So far I have viewers from Canada, United States, Netherlands and Australia. Another feature of google Ad Sense is that it scans your blog posts to find key words so it can advertise accordingly to what the readers would potentially be interested in (hence the recent ads for flights to Scotland and cameras).

I bought my pack the other day. I spent a little more then I was hoping too but I think having a good quality back pack will be important and a good investment in the long run. After I bought the pack I was driving home and I got to thinking about this trip and was a bit nervous when I started to realize how big it`s going to be on the grand scale of ``traveling``. I can just imagine what ill feel the week before, the day before and the moment I walk through the doors at the airport. What doesn`t kill you only makes you stronger right?

As most people who are reading this probably already know I am still recovering from my knee surgery that I had January 28th. I`ve been doing everything I can to strengthen all the muscles surrounding my knee so that there won`t be any issues once we`re on our way. The last thing Ì need is some sort of set back with my knee once I`m out of the country. I`ve been doing all the recommended physio as well as going for a few 30-40 minute walks every day. I bought a pass at the local rec center so I can do some swimming and walking in the pool. Walking in water is great because the resistance of the water strengthens all the muscles that depleted around my knee while I was on crutches for 5 weeks. We don`t leave for another 23 days so I think I have ample time to get my knee in shape to be comfortable with all the walking and exploring over seas.

Thats all for now! Thanks for reading! :)

2 comments:

  1. hey Jeff, I was just talking to my dad yesterday, and I want to have dinner at their house soon, and I was hoping your mom, dad and yourself can come so we can talk about everything and all the in's and outs of travel sorta speak.. bringing cash in good, but not much. Go to your bank and get travel Visa cheques, you can cash them anywhere, and if they are stolen from you, there is an identity thing on it and the money will come back to you. I suggest using your credit card and get to know internet banking very well... best thing i ever done. when we meet up before i go, ill show you a few things and you can show me how i can make money off my blog.. im going to give you my cell # in a facebook message, so give me a shout! Talk soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats all great info! I appreciate the heads up the "do's" and "dont's" of traveling with money. We will definitely have to get the families (plus Graham lol) together before we leave and figure out the plans and make sure they cross at least once. ttys!

    ReplyDelete